What does “Defend the Wall” mean?
“Defend the Wall” is a Game of Thrones reference, where the Watchers of the Wall would defend a gigantic wall that protected the 7 kingdoms. In that same aspect, we “Defend the Wall” that protects the New England Patriots, and the integrity of the NFL Shield and what it should represent. When we say “Defend the Wall”, it is a declaration or battle cry encouraging supporters to stand up, rise up and fight back.
What is the purpose of the Defenders?
The answer is simple: Fight for the restoration of integrity and fairness within the entire league, and to hold Roger Goodell accountable for his inconsistencies, with the hopes of destroying the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Article 46 more specifically, or with the hopes of removing Goodell from power.
How do I join the Defenders?
We are both on Facebook & Twitter!
Join our Facebook group here!
Follow us on Twitter:
– Jimmy Derochea (Co-Founder/CEO) – @JimDerochea
– Nate Kyng (Co-Founder/Director of Op) – @NateKyng
– Charissa Connolly (Boston Advocate) – @Boston_Girl79
– The Defenders – @DefendersOTW
What’s with the Assassin Creed references?
We’ve gotten some hate for this one. Nobody in DOTW thinks of themselves as any one of the characters. The Assassin Creed series are about rising up against tyranny and protecting the freedom of future generations to come. The hooded characters also represent our coach, Bill Belichick, and each character is symbolic of each person’s persona.
- Jimmy Derochea is Altair, from the original Assassin’s Creed games, being that Jimmy is one of the originals and one of the founding fathers of Defenders of the Wall, and handles the “Brotherhood” we’ve formed with diplomacy, strategics and a driven passion for fighting for what is right by all.
- Nate Kyng is Edward Kenway, the outsider from far away lands, being that Nate is from California, and lives by a different creed than his “brothers in arms”. Though he is very passionate, knowledgeable and is very tactful in his actions, leading the group’s direction and forming it’s operation.
- Charissa Connolly is Aveline, the freedom fighter, who represents the people of Boston and all of New England, providing the group with local intelligence and information, and is very driven and passionate about her duty to her team and the restoration of fairness amongst all.
- Steven Royal is Shay Cormac, the rogue, that turned against an “enemy” of the Defenders and joined alongside DOTW to fight in their crusade, with passion and loyalty to the Brotherhood.
- Dave Jacqueson is Ezio, due to his fierce ability to work from “the darkness” to serve the light, an ode of the Assassin’s Brotherhood, “We work in the dark to serve the light”. Dave gathered thousands of Patriots fan in the early beginnings of DOTW and brought them in, building the foundation of the Defenders.
I’ve seen a lot of anti-NFL groups before, what makes D.O.T.W. different?
There are many different groups out there that are against the NFL and even make it a part of their entire intention to fight back. However, prior to the formation of the Defenders, Co-Founder/Director of Operations, Nate Kyng, didn’t want to be a forum of social media trolling and whining, which is what most other groups pretty much are. Kyng wanted a group to be about affirmative action, which is how he came across Derochea, who filed a consumer complaint against the NFL, and filed for a petition with a legal standing for the Patriots’ draft picks, that were taken away by Roger Goodell via the Deflate Gate punishment.
Unlike other groups, the Defenders are intent on acting rather than whining about the hypocrisies of the NFL.
Where can I follow for updates?